How To Add ESPN Plus To YouTube TV?
Without a YouTube TV subscription, you cannot join ESPN+ directly from your YouTube TV account because it is an additional service.
You can connect your ESPN+ subscription to your YouTube TV account and access ESPN+ content through the ESPN app on your chosen device. Add ESPN Plus to YouTube TV.
How Do I Get ESPN Plus On My YouTube TV?
YouTube TV is a popular streaming service that provides live channels and sports-related content. However, ESPN+ is an additional streaming service that offers different programs for sports and other exclusive content; it is possible to access ESPN+ content through YouTube TV’s YouTube TV app if you have an ESPN Plus subscription. Here’s how to access ESPN+ on your YouTube TV:
Subscribe to ESPN+
Before accessing ESPN+ content on YouTube TV, You must join ESPN+. This can be done using these steps:
- Check out the ESPN+ website (espn.com/watch) using your web browser.
- Click the “Subscribe details now” button or another similar option.
- Select the subscription plan. ESPN+ offers monthly and annual plans, and the yearly plan typically provides some savings.
- Create or sign into your ESPN account.
- Enter your payment details, and then complete the subscription procedure.
Download and Install the YouTube TV App
If you still need to do so, you must download and install the YouTube TV app on your device. The app is available on various platforms, including tablets, smartphones, smart TVs, streaming devices, and gaming consoles. Here’s how to use it:
- Start the App Store on your gadget (e.g., Google Play Store for Android or App Store for iOS).
- Look up “YouTube TV” in the search bar.
- Find the official YouTube TV app, developed by Google LLC.
- Install the app and download it to your device.
Link Your ESPN+ Subscription to YouTube TV
If you’ve got a current ESPN+ subscription and the YouTube TV app installed on your device, you can connect your ESPN+ subscription to your YouTube TV account. You will be able to view ESPN+ content within the YouTube TV app. Take these steps:
- Launch the YouTube TV app on your device.
- Go to the “Library” tab or a similar section.
- you’ve got Find an option related to “Add-Ons” or “Premiums.”
- Choose “ESPN+” from the dropdown of available premium add-ons.
- Follow the instructions to link the ESPN+ subscription to your YouTube TV account. You may be required to log in to your ESPN account.
Accessing ESPN+ Content on YouTube TV
After connecting your ESPN+ subscription to your YouTube TV account, you can access ESPN+ content within the YouTube TV app. Here’s how:
- Launch the YouTube TV app on your device.
- Go to the “Live” or “Sports” tab to search for ESPN channels and other content.
- Find ESPN+ content within the YouTube TV app’s interface. The content will be identified as ESPN+ exclusives.
- Select the ESPN+ content you want to view. You may be asked to sign in using your ESPN account.
Watching ESPN+ Content
Once you’ve got access to ESPN+ content within the YouTube TV app, you can enjoy various sports programming, including live sports events, original shows, and other exclusive programming. Remember that ESPN+ provides content that complements the traditional ESPN channels and may contain additional content not available on conventional satellite or cable TV.
If you decide to terminate the ESPN+ subscription, you’ll have to manage your subscription directly from the account you have created on your ESPN account. In the same way, if you’re looking to modify your subscription plan, change payment information, or resolve any issues related to subscriptions, you’ll need to manage these issues on the ESPN+ website or app.
How Much Does ESPN Plus Cost On YouTube TV?
The ESPN+ streaming service is distinct from YouTube TV, so there is no cost to YouTube TV for ESPN+.
You must, however, sign up directly for ESPN+ via the ESPN+ website or app. You will gain access to live sporting events, original shows, documentaries, and replays on demand during your subscription. It costs $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year.
ESPN+ content can, however, be accessed via the ESPN app on your preferred device, provided you have an active YouTube TV subscription and link your ESPN+ account to your YouTube TV account.
The process of linking your accounts doesn’t require any additional charges. However, enrolling in an ESPN+ subscription is necessary to access the content.
Why Can’t I Watch ESPN Plus?
ESPN+ is a popular streaming service that provides various sports-related content, including live events, exclusive shows, documentaries, and more. If you’re having issues streaming ESPN+, there could be many reasons behind the problem. Let’s examine some of the most frequent problems and solutions:
Subscription Status and Billing
Problem: One of the most frequent reasons why you aren’t able to stream ESPN+ is an issue with your subscription. If your subscription is expired or there is an issue with your billing, it could mean you don’t have access to ESPN+ content.
Solution: Check your subscription status by logging in to your ESPN+ account. Check that your payment method is up-to-date and that your subscription is in good standing. If your subscription expires, you could renew it to access ESPN+ content.
Problem: ESPN+ is compatible with various devices, including tablets, smartphones, streaming devices, smart TVs, and web browsers. If you’re trying to stream on a device that is not compatible, you might need help.
Solution: Ensure you’re using a supported device to connect to ESPN+. If you’re using a Web browser, ensure that it’s up-to-date. If you’re using a smart or streaming device, ensure you have the ESPN+ app installed and up-to-date.
Problem A fast and stable internet connection is vital to stream content uninterrupted. A slow or unstable internet connection can result in buffering or the impossibility of streaming.
Solution: Test the speed of your internet connection. If it’s not stable or fast, try troubleshooting your Internet connection or joining another network. You could also try restarting your router or modem to boost the speed of your connection.
Issue: Certain items available on ESPN+ may be subject to restrictions in the region and blackout rules. That means certain events or games might not be accessible in your region.
Solution If you’re facing blackout limitations, You can try using the virtual private network (VPN) to connect to a server located in another region in which the blackout isn’t in effect. However, the use of the VPN to access this information could be in violation of ESPN+’s terms of service, and therefore, you should be cautious.
App or Browser Issues
Problem Technical malfunctions or problems with the ESPN+ app or web browser may stop users from accessing content.
Solution If you’re using the ESPN+ app, try closing the app and then reopening it. If the issue continues, try uninstalling and installing the app. If you’re using a Web browser, you should clear your browser’s cache and cookies and check back on ESPN+ again.
Problem Regarding a device from a third party or application that allows you to connect to ESPN+, you might require a verification process for your ESPN+ account to gain access.
Solution: Follow the authentication procedure that is provided by the device or application. This could mean logging into your ESPN+ account and linking it to the device or app.
Issue: Incorrect account details, for example, an incorrect email or password, could prevent you from accessing your ESPN+ account.
Solution: Double-check your account’s credentials and ensure you’ve entered the correct information. If you’ve lost your password, you can request the process of resetting it on the ESPN+ login page.
Alternative Ways To Watch ESPN Plus On YouTube TV
ESPN Plus (ESPN+) is a renowned streaming service that provides an array of sports content that includes live sporting events, original programming, and live sports coverage on demand. Although ESPN Plus is not directly accessible through the YouTube TV channel lineup, there are other ways to gain access to ESPN Plus content if you’re an existing YouTube TV subscriber. Here are a few alternatives:
The ESPN App is the official application for ESPN’s digital content, which includes ESPN Plus. If you subscribe to ESPN Plus and have a YouTube TV subscription, you can link your accounts and use ESPN Plus content within the ESPN App. Here’s how:
- Install the ESPN App on your preferred device (smartphone, tablet, streaming device, and so on).
- Start the ESPN App and log in using your ESPN Plus credentials.
- You can find the “Settings” or “Account” section in the ESPN App.
- Click on the link to connect to or authenticate the TV service you are using.
- Choose YouTube TV from the list of providers and follow the instructions to log in using your YouTube TV credentials.
- Once connected, you will be able to access ESPN Plus content within the ESPN App.
Be aware that although this method lets you enjoy ESPN Plus content, it doesn’t incorporate ESPN Plus directly into the YouTube TV interface. You’ll need to download the ESPN App to access ESPN Plus content.
Streaming Devices that have ESPN App Support
If you own a streaming device that can support both the YouTube TV app and the ESPN App, you can easily switch between the two apps to access ESPN Plus content. Numerous streamers, including Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and WellandTV, have both YouTube TV and the ESPN App available for download.
Simply start the YouTube TV app to view your preferred live TV channels. Then, change to the ESPN App when you want to stream ESPN Plus content. This method offers a simple method of accessing both services without having to switch between multiple devices.
Casting and AirPlay
Another option is to utilize AirPlay casting or casting features to stream ESPN Plus content from your smartphone or laptop to your television. Here’s how:
- Make sure that your streaming device and your TV (e.g., Chromecast) are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the ESPN App on your smartphone or tablet.
- You can find the right content on ESPN Plus.
- Look for the icon for casting (usually depicted as an elongated rectangle featuring a Wi-Fi wave) within the application.
- Choose your streaming device from the list and start casting the content onto your TV.
AirPlay (for Apple users)
- Make sure that your Apple TV and the device you’re using (iPhone, iPad, or Mac) are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Start the ESPN App on your Apple device.
- You can find the right content on ESPN Plus.
- Select the AirPlay icon (a rectangle with an arrow pointing upwards) in the app.
- Select your Apple TV from the list to stream the contents to your television.
These methods let you take advantage of ESPN Plus content on a larger television screen, even if it’s not directly integrated into YouTube TV. YouTube TV interface
HDMI Cable Connection
If your computer and TV come with HDMI ports, you could connect your PC to your TV via an HDMI cable. This will allow you to mirror your computer’s screen onto the TV, effectively showing the content you’re viewing on your computer’s TV screen. Here’s how:
- The HDMI cable is connected on one end to your computer’s HDMI output port and on the other to your television’s HDMI input port.
- Use the remote control of your TV to choose the HDMI input that corresponds to the port on which you connected your cable.
- The screen on your computer should appear to be mirrored on the TV. Open your browser on the internet and go to the ESPN Plus website.
- Log into your ESPN Plus account and start streaming the content you wish to watch.
Can I add ESPN Plus to my YouTube TV subscription?
Yes, you can add ESPN Plus to your YouTube TV subscription for an additional monthly fee.
How do I subscribe to ESPN Plus on YouTube TV?
To subscribe, open the YouTube TV app or website, navigate to “Settings,” then select “Memberships.” From there, you can find the option to add ESPN Plus to your subscription.
What is the cost of adding ESPN Plus to YouTube TV?
The cost of adding ESPN Plus to your YouTube TV subscription may vary, but it’s typically around $6.99 per month. Check the current pricing on the YouTube TV website.
Do I need an existing ESPN Plus account to add it to YouTube TV?
No, you don’t need an existing ESPN Plus account. When you add ESPN Plus to your YouTube TV subscription, you’ll automatically get access to the ESPN Plus content.
Can I watch ESPN Plus content on both YouTube TV and the ESPN app?
Yes, once you’ve added ESPN Plus to your YouTube TV subscription, you can access ESPN Plus content on both platforms using your YouTube TV login credentials.
Can I cancel the ESPN Plus add-on through YouTube TV?
Yes, you can cancel the ESPN Plus add-on at any time through your YouTube TV account settings. Keep in mind that the cancellation will take effect at the end of your current billing cycle.